Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Money, Money, Money

I haven't even looked at the sewing machine in weeks. I have, however, finished smocking all the white on Caroline's Easter dress. I have a few flowers left to go, hemming, then she's done. I'll post pictures of it with her in it. I'm sort of pleased with the result. It's pretty uneven in sections, but it'll do. It's gone much smoother than I anticipated, so I'm hoping that I can start smocking more. They make great baby gifts, too.

In the mean time, I have purchased four new patterns. McCall's was having their 99 cents sale at Hancocks a while back. After a sweet little chat with an 80-year-old lady about how clothing today has gotten completely out of control and how she has been searching and searching for a skirt pattern that would hit mid-calf and how she guessed she could just lengthen the one pattern that she actually liked, I left the store with a kids' jumper/overall set, a four-purse set, and a baby set (bib, car seat cover, splat mat, etc). Then, the other day, I found what I've been looking for for a while. A wallet pattern. I've always wanted my wallets to match my purses, so now I can just tack on an extra 1/2 yard to whatever I'm buying and I can be totally cool and hip. In a handmade sort of way. I think once I can make them presentable, they'll make great little stocking stuffers. They take very little materials, and so far, has been easy to put together. I even put a zipper in it! Gasp!
Click on the picture for an inside peek.

No comments: